picture books and art.
- Yesterday not so far awayI’ve organized an art event at a place very close to the hypocenter of the a-bombing in Hiroshima. Although it was early in the morning of a weekday, 600 memorial paper fans we’d prepared to give out to the participants were gone. A lot of people showed up really. It is hard to picture a […]
- Why can’t racism be eliminated? Black lives matterWhen I was in my elementary school, I remember looking at the picture of separated restrooms designated for the colors of their skins. The image of black women passing by public restrooms with some English sign put up was striking. At that time, rather than feeling what is good and what is evil, the image […]
- Welcome to mokumoku studio!We are excited to announce our official website and Facebook page now launched! What is mokumoku studio??Mokumoku studio makes picture books and various types of art. We have been striving to create picture books that both children and adults can enjoy and art work that gives viewers the triggers to reflect on themselves. Also we […]
- We have 300 followers now!!We have 300 followers on Facebook now!! Thank you all for supporting us! mokumoku studio will continue to create and deliver the irreplaceable artwork! Tomoko Kakeda
- Today’s snack – “Momiji manjyu” leaf shaped cakeThere weren’t many chances to eat them while I lived in Hiroshima. Nowadays, people give me momiji manjyu as a souvenir. Precious to have such a local speciality for attracting inbound. The filling of smooth red bean paste and coffee go well together. chikara
- Time is limitedI must take the armor off from my inner self. I need to do it one by one. Otherwise I can’t even tell where my heart is. The armor is necessary. At work. In this society. Like a boxer who is about to get up on the ring, I need to turn the fighting mode […]